Thursday, April 22, 2010

the bed and the nook

Zuri has officially gotten too big for her bassinet. I was sad to leave it behind, because it's become one of my favorite baby furniture items...(the only other one we have is her changing table, also awesome) and I was hesitant to break out the crib we bought from a friend of mine cause it's so huge and from what I remembered it was kind of old school. (yes, i'm judgemental on furniture turns out it's a totally normal looking crib, where was my mind?) Also, crib bedding is outrageously expensive!! looking for anything freaking me out, um, 4 piece, $200!! who does that?! (sorry if you do, I still love you) and I wasn't quite up for the challenge of making it. But once Zuri kept wiggling enough in her sleep that her head was squished into the top of her bassinet I went searching for something more in our price range.

With many many bookmarks, and lots of decisions that I forced Chris to participate in (he did great, and is a very skilled manly shopper) we found this lovely deal that wasn't too crazy of a pattern or too pink. $71 and free shipping. thank you Overstock!

After rearanging our dinning room a bit, we found the perfect spot for baby girl, it's a little corner where the fridge used to be, yes our fridge used to be in our dinning room. not our choice, and I'm suuuper happy it is now in the kitchen where it rightfully belongs... and my kids room is now in the dinning room..I don't mind it at all! It's nice having our room to ourselves again.

Zuri loved her crib yesterday when Chris set it all up and we got the bedding on.


She's had a harder time falling asleep now that there are fabulous flowers to stare at, but when she finally does, she end ups up like this:

Meanwhile, she's been helping Chris study for his last classes, he's done today! Just finals for him next week and he's done! "Yipee Hooray!"


1 comment:

paula said...

oh my WHAT A CUTIE !! I just want to jump on the next plane and give her a squeeze.....but for not. I have to stay here and deal.....