Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Let us begin!

This has been a very entertaining month already, and I can't believe it's really October much less almost mid-October... I thought it was September still. woops.

My goals are going quite nicely so far. I'm cruising right along into my second week and my exercising goal is great. I started working out in the mornings after I fed the girls, but it got a little tricky cause they were both awake. Zuri would try and copy me though and that was fun. I switched to evenings this week and so far so good. Zuri's in bed and Chris can tend to Dot. No idea if my body looks any different, but I feel good.

The paper...eh, not so much progress on that. I'll get back to ya.

Next week I am going to begin potty training little miss Zuri. I figure we can give it a good shot. She's not afraid of the toilet and she loves underwear. we'll see what happens. Anyone have good training tips? I'm all ears!


I wanted to get some more recent photos of Doddie up cause she really is almost a month old. wow. She's still the awesome baby, yet still decides to go to bed way later then I'd like.



The girls first trip together in the bimmer
she does a wicked blue steal

I realized it had gotten real quite and I found her like this.

Dot somehow ends up in the bed almost every morning
this is Zuri's "hey baby" face and pats

When my mama was in town

I can't stop laughing when Dot gets the hiccups. She sounds like a mix between a squeaky toy and a price check.


And we must throw in a new Zuri trick:



5 comments:

Hillary said...

Hey congrats on the new baby. Adorable!!! Anyway to your potty training advice i have an idea. I am obviously not there yet with Zoie, but I read in a magazine thata mom would put food coloring in the toliet and her kids loved going to the potty because they could watch the water change colors. Silly I know, but she said in a couple weeks they were potty trained. There is just some little advice, that may help.

Courtney said...

oh zurb, i love the new trick! so much cuteness.
as for potty training, i know i don't have kids but at my work we tried to help several moms who had potty training troubles. one thing that we stressed was that the key is to potty train when your kid is ready. if she's not ready, it's not happening. sounds like zuri is on the right track since she is taking an interest in underwear and such! you kind of just have to find what works for your kid, but what worked for one friend of ours was to create ice cubes with different food coloring in them (similar to the comment before mine) and your kid gets to pick which one to pee on. totally worked for her little boy. i also just read this blog post about another mom's experience, which may be interesting: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/10/potty-training-almost-sent-me-to-therapy.html ...if you end up needing more help i can look through my manuals from work/classes. just let me know. love you and good luck!

Shafers in Virginia said...

ahhh!!! they are both the cutest little girls ever!! Zuri has some beautiful hair too. Haha!

Good luck with the paper! You can do it!!

Unknown said...

That is SO funny! I love the videos. Dot really does sound like a price check, hehe. And Zuri, how stinking cute. Her push ups are adorable, she is so much like how you were when you were a little kid. I miss you all!!!

Unknown said...

mbhfcxzaqsw3ertyuuuuiop

love jossssssh