Tuesday, December 9, 2008

request for more...

Caitlin informed Chris and I that we need to get more posts a movin' on our blog. Which is actually perfect timing because I'm in the prime mood of not wanting to study for finals or do anything of the homework sort.

I recently learned today that our baby now has a beating heart, although it won't be in a good rhythm for a few more weeks. it also looks like a growth instead of a child (as you can see on the animated baby:) not like that's all that accurate anyways, but still). But I promise it will come out looking like a wrinkly baby, not a tad-pol.

I have been wondering if I should do baby register stuff too... I don't know it it's like when you send out High School graduation announcements just to milk money out of people, or if it's totally normal and acceptable. I don't think I'd send out announcements saying "hey buy stuff for us cause we're not all that rich," but I figure if people feel the desire to buy things for us and our little furling they can have the opportunity to purchase something they know we'll most likely want right? Does anyone else have any other thoughts on this? Actually come to think about it, I'm pretty sure that no one, save the parents, will buy us much just cause baby crap is seriously so expensive! So...I guess I just solved that problem with my wonderful mind and it's thought process :) Still suggestions are always welcome in this strange new world we've embarked upon.



Another exciting note:

We got a real Christmas tree for our basement. we tried to keep it on the inexpensive side, but it still looks pretty and smells deliciously holiday like. I'll try to put some pictures of it up soon. Chris was pretty proud of getting a tree and Kelso can't seem to stop eating it. Yup...it's his new favorite snack.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see you over the holidays. Congratulations on the baby, how are you feeling this week?

As far as the baby stuff goes, if you're having a baby shower I would register and just spread the word about what you like.

We were doing tree stuff tonight as well and it was so fun, my hands still smell like sap!

Caitlin said...

That health class does suck. Do you have Mr. Pretty Face for a teacher? I can't think of his name, all I really remember is Nathan swore he was gay until he ran of with a former student to marry in another country... True story but kinda weird.

And um I hope my future niece/nephew doesn't look like that thing in the countdown. I noticed it today and it looks a little freaky. hahaha I kid. Good looking people don't have ugly babies. Just remember that :)

Are you guys still thinking of coming out this way?? Sometime soon??

Love,
NateliN

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

haha yeah I freaking hope our child doesn't come out that way, I thought it'd be funny to put up to show how funky it looks currently.

I do have pretty face/dubose. I about died laughing at that comment. and we want to come out, but we are becoming medicade people and they won't let you leave the state once to register supposedly. so we'll be here at least tell the wee one is birthed.

chelle we can't wait to escape and come party with you guys. I've been feeling just fine actually, it's kind of awesome too. i was mostly sick before we found out about the babe. by the way eddie is so stinkin cute, chris and i were admiring you're little family.

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

and thanks for the advice on baby supplies as well. that makes a bundle of sense:)

paula said...

Yep just wait until 2 weeks or so before the birth. usually around here the VTeachers give the baby shower.Or a great sister. You have to get a list together thu never to soon to do that!!!PMV