Saturday, February 14, 2009

The New Idea

So I'm always thinking up crap that would be fun, but then I get lazy and don't follow through. The lastest is to start collecting original art from children around the world. When Kevin and I were teaching English in Guatemala one of my students made a few drawings for me as a going away gift. I was really impressed and ended up giving her a bunch of art supplies that we had taken down with us. So that's the short story behind the inspiration for the new idea. Luckly I'm part of a couple international families and will no doubt be asking for some help. I think this is something that could be really fun and meaningful. These drawings are the first of what I hope to be many.






3 comments:

Rich Vial said...

I love this idea. I also am always thinking up crap too, but I gotta say I think this is a really good one. Keep on keepin on. Love, Dad

Chelle said...

These really are great pictures. And i'm all for it!

The Randalls said...

Wow those are great pictures!How old was your student? That is great talent.