Thursday, March 18, 2010

What? I was suppose to wear green?

It's amazing how as you get older holidays really don't matter, then when you get older then that you know all the holidays matter cause your kids know about everything from school. Well...My mistake. I showed up at Anna's (the 4 year old I babysit) school yesterday to pick her up and it is a sea of green. I'm thinking..."what the?..." then, the "ah-ha" moment strikes. I look down at my outfit...nope, definatly no green, bright blue shoes instead. Then I examine Zuri to see she's pure pink. Normally in the grown up world this wouldn't matter correct? Well being surrounded by wee children I start to recollect my child St. Patties day and remember the horrible horrible pinching. Yikes, I began to fear more for my 3 month old and how sometimes children don't know that babies don't like to be pinched. I wasn't worried about Anna, she loves Zur to much to pinch, but the other 50 kids running around made me nervous.

I walked into the classroom uneasy, preparing to gaurd Zur at all costs from the evil pinchers. I got funny looks, Anna pointed out that I wasn't wearing green and that I should be pinched, but did not pinch of course (then she ran ahead of me to get to the car first) and none of the other kids even noticed. Yup, nothing happened. I'm a spaz. Way to go Kenni.

Thought I'd share. Go St. Patties day!

2 comments:

paula said...

you mean you didn't draw a green mustache on zuri while she slept ?? Or have green eggs and ham. Green milk or anything. Don't worry I didn't either. However I did wear green to the gym to work out. It was just luck of the Irish that I did.

Unknown said...

Haha, that is the funniest thing ever! I was sad because I think this is the first St. Patty's Day I didn't wear green, probably because I never left the house. I kind of miss going to school. But seriously, your story is hilarious.