Monday, June 21, 2010

Our super duper trip of the summer - or - our longest post. ever.

We had a grand trip these past two weeks. We decided since the west coast was a little out of our price range to head up to Vermont to visit Chelle and her fam instead. Well it ended up being a much bigger trip then we thought, Mom and dad Vial flew out the day before us, it was great to see them, Zuri loves them. And then we swung in a Maine and DC visit too. Vermont is super pretty, Maine was a great re-visit after a long absence and touring around DC is way fun with some siblings, two kids and a dog. we had a blast.
Zuri with cousin Maddie, Anders, and their cousin, Whyatt. Anders had his eyes squinted shut, so this is his response to our "Anders, open your eyes!"
Chris took me shopping up in Burlington, VT. aren't they cute?

For some reason, Zur would mimic my squinty face. it only lasted about a week, but it was so awesome. fearce little baby



Anders drinkin his squirt gun
Maddie, dressed up. Apparently she's going through a headband phase.
Eddie, his outfit was too cute to miss.And what's Vermont without a little Lars?Kelso in all his glory


We ventured up to Maine to visit my Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Fred. It was sooo great to see them, I hadn't been up for seven years. They fed us fresh lobster, ice cream and other tastey food I can't spell.


Uncle Fred and Zur bonded very quickly. But really, who doesn't bond with this guy? Look at that stash!
She was nice and snuggly


They took us to Augusta to see none other then 'my' river. Well, I'm pretty much famous there. This sign was my favorite....



and this one was Chris' favorite.

Kennebec River in the background. Awesome!
Uncle Fred and Aunt Sylvia. Zur loved them
We went to pay our respects to Nana and Grandad. We became fans of the name Roscoe, it's an ongoing Hardy name, maybe we'll carry it on.
They took us to a fabulous diner, 'Moody's' I had excellent blueberry pancakes..yum.
My river....some of these are a little out of order. someone guess how long it took us to get all these pictures on? I'll give you a hint : forever.
Once again, out of order. We got to see Anders' last t-ball game. He was a rockstar.

Chelle is a miracle-mama worker, and got Zuri to sleep. It was pretty dang cute.

Chris: "have you guys heard of 'dog jaw?"
followed by barking at the kiddies. it was pretty awesome.

We stopped in DC to see Nic and Hailey while they were out on a visit. Chelle and Anders drove down with us, which was fantastic, Zuri loved having someone to look at and my favorite line was from Anders every hour when he took a pause from his DS to say, "How much longer tell we get to Washington DC?"
There were these great fountains by this appartment Chelle scored for us, Zuri cried when Chris took her in, but Anders obviously had the time of his life.




Playing some starwars with Hailey. His new hat that I'm pretty sure he wore 90% of the time.

This was the other 10%
In the Metro, the only picture we seemed to get of Nic, oops

from the Post Office tower, nifty!
Right before a mass cry and blow out. (from Zuri, not Chris. haha, I'm so funny) Washington monument behind them



She got a little worn out towards the end and refused to move. little miss 'tude.


uhh....back to fountain.

An Ethiopian kid, his mom was so nice to let Chris take a picture, I mean, come on, look how cute he is!
Aunt Hailey givin some love. She bought Zuri this dress and the pink one in the past few of her. I love them, they're kind of my recent faves. Thanks Hailey
Hailey had a blast hanging out with her, and she did too. She's also a miracle-mama got her ready for bed for me.






The End.
(not pictured: Brig and Dad Vial...Sorry guys, our bad on that one.)
ps. I would like some comments on this one peeps, please? let me feel loved for my bloggin commitment? just kidding...with a little seriousness...it's late.

13 comments:

paula said...

Awesome posting. What a great trip!! thanks for capturing DC for us ..love ya

Rich Vial said...

Now that's my kind of post! Add a few birds and it would be perfect.

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

love them all

Leslie said...

How fun!
Tareak and I will be moving to Georgia in a couple months, so we'll have to come visit you- or vice versa. It seems living on the East Coast is the cool thing to do now, and we want to be cool too. =)

Chelle said...

Perfect picture, perfect comments. That is your kind of post, huh Dad.

I'm so glad you guys came for a visit and we got to spend the extra time with you away from here and work.

Unknown said...

Okay can I just tell you I LOVE her squinty face! I want her to do it all the time. I wish I could see it in real life. I love that little girl and I sure love you! Thanks for going on a walk with me! I am SOOOO glad you are back!

Shafers in Virginia said...

I LOVE these pictures.
Zuri is super cute!

And I love how awesome your camera is. Don't know who took the baseball(softball?baseball?) pictures but they are fantastic.

You guys are cool people. We should hang out.

Kristen and Bill said...

Let's just say that it's kids like the little Etheopian boy that makes my husband want black babies...I keep telling him he married the wrong lady for that :) Glad you had fun!

Hailey Vial said...

I love this! Thanks for the pix. When I'm done with laundry mountain I'll put some pix on here.
THanks for hanging with us. Your kid is awesome!
ZURI FURY!!!!
and Chris, tell me again what lens you have that I covet?

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

the 1.8? I believe. I'll double check with him just in case

Snejky said...

Very nice photo´s..
I wish you a great day.

Stephanie Hardy said...

sooo adorable! Thank you for sharing all the fun photos. I love you all so much!

Courtney said...

so many cute photos. i can;t get over zuri's adorableness--that scrunchy face is awesome. and i like her sweet hat she wore in d.c. :) it looks like you guys had a great time! -court