Monday, June 28, 2010

Would I be crazy ?




It's about that time of year, and hair length....when I want to just chop all my hair off. For a really long time I've wondered if I would ever be daring enough to cut it super short, but low and behold I haven't been. Last year was the shortest I've ever cut my hair and that was to my chin... So I have come to you to ask what you think? I have the following options rolling around in my noggin.



1. Grow my hair out for a bit longer so I can donate it to locks of love (the longest layer needs to be 10 inches....It may be awhile before I get to that) then chop it.



2. just keep growing it out and not chop it at all....I have no idea if I would look completely rediculous with short hair, I don't know if I have the rockin' personality that it takes. Does that just come with the cut? Or the face shape to pull it off.



3. Just go for it. I'm only 22 once ... Hah, yeah that's lame, I know.




I get these silly relaps moments when I think "it takes forever to grow my hairout, it's only to my shoulder and I've been trying to get it there for a year!" or the, when I get old I'll always have short hair, I should hav eit long now. then I think, I should sport it while I can! All the ladies I know with short hair look freaking awesome with it. Then you throw in the factor of, it's bloody hot in BV and Zuri yanks at my hair no matter if it's up or down...and it hurts like nothing else. ( I guess that will happen no matte what huh?) Also, the time factor, seems like it would be a piece of cake to get ready in the mornings. is that true?



So, after that long explaination and fuss over what I'm thinking what sayest you? Be honest, if you think I would look strange, seriuosly, tell me. I'd much rather have that then cut my hair like a boy and look like an idiot.



Here's what I'm thinking, if you guys have any other suggestions do share!





For some reason I always pick Katie Holmes hair styles...why is that?
K, I realize that I'm not blond, African American or 6 feet tall with mass cheekbones, but low and behold, these are the famous people that just so happen to have the haircuts.

13 comments:

paula said...

Go for it messy and free is in. I think you could pull it off. It some moose and spritz and have fun.It will always grow. Remember when Alicia shaved her head. It was great.

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

Good point that was awesome

Shafers in Virginia said...

I love short hair! And I shaved my half of head last summer (for money too!) and went to SVU with it incredibly short. I think it's definitely fun and so easy. But if you do cut it (it would look very good on you, btw) then make sure you have someone who can cut it for you once a month. Even if your hair grows back slow - the in between period is no fun. I'm currently in the in between period and it's frustrating!

But I'm always a fan of short hair. And you are right - you're only 22 once. Might as well pull off that super fun and cute hair style now.

ashley said...

Do it! I got the itch to cut my hair when we had been married about 2 years. I was so ready and I liked it for a while then I grew it back out. I realized I just wasn't meant for short hair - but I'm still glad I did it so I could figure that out. I've always heard that if you get the urge to cut it, you should just do it.

My hair stylist says she's noticed as a general rule that people who are content with their life usually go short.

Besides, I think you could totally pull it off. You've got a great face - I could totally see it.

How does Chris feel? He probably doesn't care too much. Jarom likes my hair long which is a partial reason I just leave it alone. But when I cut it, he didn't seem too heartbroken about it. I didn't tell him I was doing it, so that was good.

Cassandra said...

You're so cute you could definitely do whatever you wanted with your hair and pull it off- jealous. But anyways, I think you should donate to locks of love (b/c the school has a locks of love drive.. and im in charge this year haha) and then do something fun and short!! But actually the drive probably won't be till next spring, so just go cut it!

Kristen and Bill said...

I think you have the long, slender neck and right face shape to go short! I've always wanted to go that short too...but I don't think I'll pull it off like you! Whatever you do...post pictures!

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

wow, everyone is so supportive! You're all freaking awesome.

Sara Beth, I do have someone who's been pretty good with my hair, I've been gong to her for over a year now...let's hope she does aright with the super short!

Ashley, thanks for the stylers' know how that's really interesting about short hair tends to = content life. I love your long locks though, I think you look awesome with them long. And Chris is totally alright with it or I don't think I could do it. Last night he said "well lets just shave it off right now!" I'm not as brave as alicia...plus my skull is a little weird shapped :)

Cassie, I didn't know you were in charge of locks of love, that's sweet, are you going to donate your hair then? That'd be neat!

Kip, thank you dear for you encouragement! I hope you and Bill are doing great!

k...I think I might do it!

Hailey Vial said...

do it! I am getting seasonal hair crisis disease too. I have to keep reminding myself that I did do a really short doo once, and not to let myself do it again. I think you would look adorable with a short cut. Do it.

Jake and Jordan Johnson said...

do it!!! You definately have the personality for it. :)

FW & Brinn Willis said...

Kenni... just do it dude... cut it off. It's a little shocking at first, but you've got a cute face and I think you'll be able to pull it off. And you're right- hair grows back...

Stephanie Hardy said...

You could definately pull off the short hair look- swan neck and all. :)
Besides, even secretary birds have short fluff!

Mindy said...

Kenni -
First of all, please remember me - Abby's friend Mindy. Yes, I totally stalk your blog and I'm in love with your darling Z.
Next, I cut mine like a boy a couple of years ago and it was the best thing in the world. I LOVE boy haircuts on girls. Mine is growing out now but I'll cut it again soon ... I loved it.

xoxo
Mindy

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

Mindy! of course I remember you. I think you always had shorter hair when I would see you, you looked awesome with it. I'm glad you're a stalker, now I shall stalk you! how creepy does all of that sound?