Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Sickies


I had gotten sick this past weekend with the horrible throw-ups, but I thought it was either bad food or baby related so I didn't even think of it being a virus of sorts. Poor Zuri got the similar situation last night. I woke up at 3 to her fussing and went in to her room to feed her, she didn't want her bottle, (which is weird she always wants to eat at that time) but she just wanted to snuggle and went right back to sleep. I put her back down and went to the other room. I heard her start to cough and make some choking sounds, I ran back in to find her thowing up all over the place. Poor little Zur. It freaked me out cause really she has never been this kind of sick, and I knew how painful it had been for me. I took her to Chris cause I wasn't feelin so hot either and she just kept throwing up. Resulting in our first E.R. trip with the babe.

We decided to go to AMC where she was born since the hospital in the town next to us had recently shut down the maternity ward and we had been told by a Dr. that if she did get sick it's better to take her to Augusta instead. Chris raced us up there (45 minutes away) in no time at all (of course, it's speedy Chris). She was so misserable it was awful. She threw up some more and of course right when we got there she stopped, but was still so lathargic it was really weirding me and Chris out. She held so still for the nurses and just spralled on the bed. It was cute, but we knew she still wasn't over it if she was being that still.

The nurses and Dr. were great with her, gave her a little dose of medicine and she perked right back up to hyper Zur. She fell into a nice deep sleep on the drive home and is snoozin away again.

Chris took this picture on his phone and I just thought it was too cute to not post immediately. Check out that bed head! (and her diaper takes up half her tank body!)

That's the random update, thank goodness for modern medicine, a great husband and a fast car! She's doing much better and hopefully she'll be back to crazy happy Zuri soon.


3 comments:

paula said...

Oh boy I was thinking of you all day. Should of called. BUt then I might have woken you all up. Hang in there. I did this same thing with Chris one time. Just Through up so much he could not move about the same age.Then when I got to t he hospital , they went to do a temp in his bumm and instant Diahearra!! All over them. It was a virus also.Go home and pumped him full of liquids. Before pedialights. I know misspelled. So watch the other end. NASTY Virus!!!

Courtney said...

oh i hope you are all doing better! poor zuri...and poor you for having the sickness too! i'm glad you guys made it to the hospital and they were able to help out. i hope zuri recovers quickly. that is a really cute picture, by the way. oh zuri :) love you! --courtney

Hailey Vial said...

YUCKIES! still so cute even when feeling bad. miss you guys!