Monday, December 6, 2010

The Kitchen!


Here it is folks. The walls are not painted yet, but this was the biggest of the biggest projects upstairs. Well, I take that back. Christian had redone the two upstairs bathrooms last year...those were big projects too. I just actually helped with this one :)

The very old wall paper...it was gross.
The very old stain. Also very very gross
The overall nasty
Our friends let us borrow their steamer to get the wall paper off. It saved our lives.

Zuri helped too.
Chris sanded EVERYTHING. Poor guy couldn't feel his arms after, but he got a new sander out of it so he was pleased.
Beginning painting
Our Drawer tower
Cabinets all together, painted a beautiful! We love them much much more.


The walls will have to wait until after Christmas break, we are thinking a nice deep green..or a lighter green, not sure yet. I love it all! It's much cleaner and soo much brighter, I keep turning the light on thinking I'm switching it off cause it's so light. Thank you Christian!
I don't know why this underline has happened....and I don't know how to make it stop. Oh well!

4 comments:

paula said...

Very nice . I agree clean and crisp.

Caitlin said...

Do you watch the Nate Berkus show?? haha I get to watch it on Tues/Thurs when the girl I nanny goes to school, and he was just talking about painting your cabinets white to make the room look super big and brighter. I need to borrow you guys for my kitchen! I hear x-mas break is nice...jk!

Rich Vial said...

Awesome.

Jake and Jordan Johnson said...

That looks great! Congrats! :)