Sunday, January 2, 2011

December

We were thinking we'd be wise this break and pack light, so light that we wouldn't take our camera. I know, we don't even know who we are anymore either. We are relying heavily on those smarter people who did take photos this break so those will come later.

But just for the record and before school starts and I forget everything here is what has gone down...that I can remember.

.We survived finals and passed all our classes. One step closer to graduation.

.I realized I really enjoy printmaking, which is a good thing since I don't have a big connection with any other medium.

.We went to Oregon. awesome.

.Zuri got a pretty fantastic winter coat complete with a heart sewn into the back.

.Ate lots of delicious food. Korean BBQ, Vietnamese Fou, and Grandma and Omas cooking. Yum.

.Had a great birthday party for Zuri in both OR and WA. Oregon complete with big party, presents and adventure at Out of this World Pizza. Washington threw in the great baking of Courtney and Carmel cupcakes topped with creative panda bear faces. Very cute. Zuri loved the frosting.

.Christmas was full of fun and Zuri running all over the place with her bigger cousins.

.Zuri learned to climb chairs and how to climb down stairs.

.Zuri has officially gone off formula, all about the whole milk now.

.We discovered Backyardigans is a fantastic kids show. I could sing all about it for you if you like.

.Shopping is still my favorite game.

.I discovered it is really going to bite not living close to Spam.

.We went up north three hours to visit my Hardy clan. They have a beautiful view of Seattle.

.Took a fairy over to Seattle and I realized the North West can get quite frigid.

.I love my court court face and my munchkin siblings...and my not so munchkin siblings.

.My mom, dad, and papo are absolutely fantastic game folk.

.Chris embarked upon a Risk game with the Hardy men that lasted tell 4am. Chanson won.

.Spending New Years in a hot tub, drinking Martinellies straight from the bottle and watching the Space Needle go crazy with fireworks was pretty rad.

.Portland is a really cool city, I hope we live close to here soon.

.True Grit and Easy A are great movies. And Cheesecake factory makes wonderfully rich cakes (yum.)

.Zuri can now blow kisses, fold her arms, sign please, thank you, dada, and wave bye-bye and says hello by putting her hand to her ear and saying "eyo?" can say "love you" in a cute baby voice and "sheep says...Baa" She also sings back when sung to by Christian, it is the cutest thing ever.

.I went canoeing with Chris, his sister, Alicia, and her hubby, Tucker, yesterday....Little did I know I was getting into a much bigger/longer ride then I thought. I pretended to be a grouch (I have bad past associations with boating attributed to my very eventful father) but it was actually very fun this time.

.I got 4 cavities filled..ouch (don't make fun, I have terrible teeth and it's been six years since I've gotten x-rays), but thanks to a wonderful blessing of my brother-in-law being the dentist it saved us an incredible amount of money.

.I love families, they take such good care of us.

So far that's all I can think of. I love the NW, I hope we can get back sooner then it took us last time (two years). Now it's on to another long flight with Zuri (one of the two flights out was absolutely not awesome) and home again to begin another and last one of our semesters at SVU! It will be Christians first time graduating from a school (very exciting) and well, I'm very excited about the next chapter of our long life.

K.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, sounds like you are having the time of your life. However, I agree, I shan't like it at all when you don't live here. Must you leave? I'm so glad you are coming back, we miss you guys!

ps.-I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zuri's wings. :)