Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday

I might be in labor. I wish my labors were more obvious like in movies. "Honey! My water just broke!" Nope. You'd think I'd be able to tell, but I've had a bit of practice labor the past few months that I'm not 100 % on the decision. It's been since 9 am that i've been having contractions (It's now 2pm) and they aren't easing up. Zuri's labor was more obvious cause I never had practice contractions with her, plus it was past her due date.

So here I sit on my bed, eating my sandwich while Zuri naps and listening to Kelso snore. Seriously, he is snoring like a human. I give him crap for being so clingy lately (yes, my dog is clingy) but I do love him and enjoy his company. His loyalty is so sweet.

I did about zero prep for labor this time around. I'm not sure why...the first time was kind of a bust with hypnobirthing classes that I figure I'll just stay calm and more alert this time around. No drugs except an epidural if it gets awful...which lets face it. It will get awful :) I'm not worried or stressed thinking about it though. Strange.

Zuri had her first Dr. appointment at the new doctor today. It broke my heart, she got three shots in her little arms. The Doc was a bit rough with examining her. Not sure if I feel very good about that.. The office kept everyone moving in and out fast which was nice, but I felt a little too rushed. For being a brand new patient they didn't really spend much time checking Zur out. Luckily I had colored goldfish as a surprise treat all prepped and ready for the shots, and that was a little saving grace.

Thank you gold fish people for making a snack every kid on this planet loves.

I'll get back to all you faithful blog readers (I really have no idea who you are, but thanks for humoring me) if labor is to be...and if it's not well then my hopes have been blown up. Thanks for the kindness of practice labor, body.




2 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

I had a feeling we wouldn't be having the shower. Hope you night is a peaceful one. Not fun laboring when your already tired. Love the new header pix of Zuri.

Mindy said...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the little peanut :)
Hopefully your labor isn't too awful ....