Thursday, August 19, 2010

munchkins

I don't know why I don't mention Daniel and Anna C. more. I babysit them basically everyday and they are a good source of stories for me. Cami watched Anna when she worked at Montessori daycare before she had Josh and they were in need of a new sitter after school until their parents got home from work. The opportunity came at a perfect time, right after we got pregers and I knew I wouldn't be able to work at the school bookstore after babe was born. The C's were awesome about me continuing to watch D and A after I had Z, (haha, that's fun) they gave me a ton of time to get adjusted to baby life (she came at a great time anyways) and the kids were sooo excited that I had finally had Zuri. Anna LOVED having a baby, she'd help me feed and burp her, even enjoyed watching how to change a diaper. Daniel loved to hold her and he was thoroughly entertained by smacking babies backs to get a burp out of them. They were very patient with me and seemed very confused with the idea of breastfeeding, but having to bottle feed Zuri as well helped them understand better.
The older Zuri has gotten the more fun they all have together. Now that she can crawl and chase the two they can all play games. We took a trip to my house today so the kids could see the upstairs and they all just played in Zuri's room for a few hours, just throwing toys at Zur and chasing her under the crib (Zuri's new hideout, video to come). Zuri likes to flop all over them when they hold her too. They're a cute little trio. I've decided that I need to take some pictures of them so Zuri can remember her part-time siblings as she gets older. Plus they are the cutest little blond kids.

Meanwhile, school sports have begun! Today was the first soccer game and Chris was there ready with the camera of course. It's funny, I don't really know anybody that plays, but I like watching soccer and it's fun to go see Chris doing what he likes. It was Zur's first game, and she had a great time once she figured out what the grass was. Chris took the heading picture, one of my new favorites of her. The man's got a great talent, huh? And I have a cute baby.

Pictures to come soon
K.




2 comments:

Rich Vial said...

Cute baby and talented photographer dad. A dangerous combination.f

paula said...

What a great face she has!!