Tuesday, August 17, 2010

upstairs.

Last Friday our little fam moved from our basement to big world of the upstairs. I know, very exciting. We had a funky limbo phase where the folks moving into the basement had to leave their apartment sooner then planned and the folks upstairs were closing on their new house later then planned...of course that would happen, why not?

That dilemma resulted in us moving all our stuff into the master bedroom upstairs (Chris has amazing organizing skills, who knew we could fit our whole world in one room?) and us staying with Cami and her munchkins for a week while Tyson was out of town on a work adventure. It was fun for sure. My favorite was seeing Zurber with her cousins. Josh would take off to another room only to be followed in speed crawl mode by Zur and Caleb. We should have gotten pictures, what was I thinking?! Caleb and Zuri are like little twins though, they sit next to each other all the time, they talk back and forth and of course, steal each others toys. Classic.

We are finally getting almost all the boxes unloaded and I'm trying to figure out how to properly organize things in good places. We have a crap ton of space and I'm loving it. Zuri is already sleeping so much better. Having her in the same room as us sleeping in pack n plays didn't do much good for her ( better then her in bed with us all the time though!) She loves her new room, it's got old brown shag carpet that she'll just run her chubby little fingers though over and over until she gets a chunk loose and tries to eat it...Then it just gets from cute to disgusting :) And Kelso of course is loving having windows to look out of. Poor guy couldn't see a thing of life outside the basement walls for a long long time.

It was sad leaving our little home downstairs, but I'm having a wonderful time up here so far. Now it's just getting ready for back to school and back to work. My little brother Chanson is coming out for school too though which we are all purely excited about. Another Hardy at SVU. He makes the fourth. How did that happen anyways?

Thanks for listening to my random life telling!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

huzza for upstairs living! I'm glad you are loving it!

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

Very fun! Glad you are getting settled

Caitlin said...

Awesome! I love moving... It makes me get rid of junk I realize I don't need. Nathan likes that part because after watching the show Hoarders, he is scared we are going to become them someday. haha we are far from it. Good Luck unpacking and getting situated.

Mindy said...

Uh ... I'm sorry, but Chanson is 9. He can't go to college, get real.
PS I love your dog.