Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Domestic Engineer

I never really wanted to be a working gal when I grew up. I had no idea what I could really do as a career and I knew I wanted to be able to be home with kids cause I just figured I would be married early on in the game.

Lucky for me, that's actually happening. I got married at 19, had a wee babe at 21, and was able to stop working at 22. Then I just kept moaning about finishing school. Well that happened too. So now what do I do with all my time? Cause I have a lot of it.

My brother-in-law, Tyson, has stated that a 'stay at home mom' is a domestic engineer. I've always liked the sound of that much better. It makes one sound much more awesome. I now declare myself: Awesome.

Zuri and I have managed to keep ourselves entertained throughout the days now and I'm so so grateful that the weather is so nice and calm here that I actually like being outside now. For example, I did some weeding this morning while Zuri ran around in the grass. I think my current goal is to get the area around the house looking pretty. Yes, pretty. As in plants and flowers to take care of. Strange if you know me. I don't typically take on such an idea.

Here is my question to you. I know ZERO about gardening. Any suggestions on what to do? When's the best time of year to do it? did I miss my shot and should we just do bark chips for the rest of the year? I don't want to do anything crazy or that involves lots of money cause....well not quite there yet. And I also don't want to spend all of my time working on it. It's a smaller space so I thought it might be manageable for a beginning like me. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Hope you're having a lovely July.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you. I am pleased that you find at least one of my opinions of some value. There are now three of us who do (me, you, and my mom, sometimes Cami, depends on how I have been behaving).

-Tyson