Sunday, March 27, 2011

yes, yes another one

I realize that I've been posting so much that it's gotten to the point where no one comments anymore (Don't worry I'm not that offended) But I had a very interesting experience happen to me this morning and I just thought it was way too weird of a story to not share with my little world. Here it tis:

Chris went up to his church meetings at about 10:30 this morning and at about 11:30 I went upstairs with Zuri to read and put her down for her nap. While we were reading I heard the front door open. I called out to tell Chris that Zur wanted to see him, but he didn't answer. I figured he was just being quite in case he thought she was asleep. Well Zur and I walk into the upstairs hall and I see a woman crawling up the stairs. Um...yeah. A woman I don't know. crawling. up my stairs.

So a very long story short. We still don't know what was going on with her exactly. She knew her name and her address, but she thought she was home. Plus she had been walking around outside in her pajamas with no shoes or coat. I thought she was hurt, but she kept saying she was fine and she'd leave. I didn't want her to just go out in the 30 degree morning so I called Chris, and he rushed down and took her back to her house. (she was in her 40's by the way so rules out Alzheimer's right?)

Weirdest thing ever! It totally freaked me out. Someone could just stroll on into my house! While my husband wasn't home! She wasn't a psycho or anything things just weren't clicking to her. Totally nuts. Now my doors will be locked day and night. Apparently being home doesn't mean it's fine to leave doors unlocked. I thought night time lock up was good enough. uhh nope.

Well that was interesting wasn't it? Chris is going to go check on her tomorrow and talk to her husband (he actually knew who she was...her dog often gets out and wonders up to our house) We're just glad it wasn't anything insane, like a crazy guy who came in. Chris still had me learn how to use his gun. Always looking out for me that one :)

My Sunday was peachy besides that episode. Hope yours was good too!

7 comments:

Kristen and Bill said...

Wow! I just had a similar experience happen at our place too! About a month ago Bill and I were just chilling in front of the tv around 6:30 at night and we hear someone open our back door...yes, BACK door...it totally freaked me out and I thought somebody was going to hold us up at gun point or something. But it was this small old lady with a very raspy voice and who hardly spoke any English. She said she was trying to find her daughter's house. After she confirmed with us that we were in "Virginia" about 5 times, I realized that she probably had some dementia. Then we saw that a man was standing on our back porch, so he came in. He spoke even less English and seemed to have some dementia as well. Bill called the police and found out that they had had a call from someone who was missing their parents...They made it safely home. But I was totally freaked out at first! We usually are pretty good about keeping the doors locked at all times, but now we NEVER forget.

Crazy that you had a similar experience! And I'm so glad it was nothing worse!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO scary! The whole crawling-up-the-stairs part really freaked me out. Ugh. I'm glad you are okay!

Leslie said...

Creepy! That is definitely the most "non-mainstream" blog-story I've read in a long time! I'm so glad you guys are okay though. I guess I need to be better about locking doors now- you just never know!

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

Kip that's crazy it happen to you too! That'd be nuts at night and back door though! I'm just glad it was full daylight today or I'm prety sure I would have gone a bit nuts on her. Poor old folks. It makes me feel bad but I'm still kind of freaked out.

Courtney said...

COMMENT!!

Wow that is crazy and way creepy!! We started locking our doors more too, Court got me in the habit of it, when we got married I never wanted to lock anything. And when im gone and she's at home this joint is on lock down! And Sally is a good guard dog too. Well glad you are safe!

Steven and Yoo said...

I lock the door all the time. it's my habit. I might get heart attack or something if that happens to me (especially when you are with a baby and without husband). The whole crawling stairs part just freaks me out... good thing it wasn't anything dangerous though

Shafers in Virginia said...

Yeah, that's a crazy story!!! I'm glad it wasn't anything terrible though and yeah, her crawling up the stairs would have totally freaked me out. Did Christian go talk to her husband yet? Also, keep doing your blog posts - I always read them, though I don't always comment!