Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Third


Here it is folks. Our third year together has come and gone! We now are officially rolling onto our fourth. I can't help but smirk at statistics. What is it exactly? The third year is the most common year of divorce or something like that? I know that's rude and ridiculous of me, but I'm proud of us. We made it through happily and we haven't "grown apart" so screw those stats! Of course having Zuri has made things much more challenging, but in a more rewarding way.

Chris said something sweet (and you might think it's cheesy I liked it though) the other day. I said, "wow, what were we like before Zuri came about?" I said it in a joking tone, but his response was all serious, "I honestly felt like there was something incomplete about us before. We needed our babies." cute right? then he added some comment about why else I would think he kept trying to knock me up? Cute right? (hear the sarcasm)

So here we are, he's playing Tiny Wings on the couch (very addicting fun game might I add) and I'm slouched next to him in my not attractive pj's blogging about our marriage. Oh how nice that we did fall into that other marriage stat about how you just become very much like yourself once you're hitched. Thanks for always making me feel comfortable, handsome. It's been fun for me to have these three years so far.

Our plans tonight? Well the unmentionable of course.... (really you can't expect me to leave that out. I've also become very crude at times since I married Chris) and we're planning on watching Conviction. We'll tell you how it goes. The movie, not the former thing. Geez don't be so dirty.



2 comments:

Kristen and Bill said...

I like you Kenni. hehe, That's all :)

Courtney said...

i don't think i have ever seen that first pic before, but i love it! you two are too cute.
congratulations! i can't believe how fast time has flown by. hooray for marriage and hooray for chris + kenni. love you a ton! -courtney