Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Zuri!




She came! This morning at 1:48. So Chris won the guessing with what day she'd come. I honestly don't remember about half of the labor, but Chris was awesome, he got soaked from holding me in the shower and kept me breathing and alive. and it was good to have my mama there too, she's a good woman to have around in an intense situation. I was attempting to do it all drug-free, but that didn't last once my midwife broke my water and everything doubled intensity wise. Epidural saved me for sure, and I take back all I said about me thinking it was a scary idea...It was fabulous:)
Baby girl was 8 pounds 2 onces and 19 1/2 inches. She's a chunky monkey with a whole bundle of hair. Chris got a lot more awesome pictures, but since we're just chillin in the hospital we'll make due with phone pictures. She's been pretty calm and has been snuggling with Chris all day, I gotta say it is freaking precious. We are stickin with the name Zuri Rose, she looks like she can pull it off, right?




We were watching TV when this awesome commercial came on and probably all of you have already seen it, but we don't have cable and this seriously made me laugh for a long time(which feels really weird when your used to having your belly super full and now there is just a slab of skin shakin :) I wanted to share the laugher though, his flowing hair is my favorite.

5 comments:

Kristen and Bill said...

Yay!! She's finally here. And she's absolutely beautiful!! Congrats Kenni, I'm so happy for you!

Rich Vial said...

Another seriously cute Vial girl! Looks like Mom has taken good care of her so far!

Hailey Vial said...

She is so precious! That picture I told you about Kenndy and Chris, just like that first one of C and Zuri. She is so beautiful.
Yeah, the weird jelly belly. All squishy and then crampy, not fun. I call mine my "Baby Bread Dough"
So happy for you guys. The best Christmas Present ever. You have to stick that chubby baby in a stocky and send me the pix. I will love it!

Jake and Jordan Johnson said...

good for you guys! Congratulations! I can't wait to see her. :) HShe's precious!

ashley said...

Awwww. She's just precious. Congrats you guys. Can't wait to see more pics. Love the newborn snuggles. I'm a huge fan of epis. Hazel's stats were exactly the same. Funny! Merry Christmas to you and baby Zuri. :)