Saturday, December 5, 2009

I love Pleasant Saturdays.

We had a nice relaxing Saturday. We woke up (after a nice sleep in...which I feel we must take full advantage of pre-baby) to a snow flurry! It was very exciting to see that weather.com told the truth, and to have a nice walk with Kelso with puffy white stuff all over the place. We watched a show and then had a sweet snuggly nap for a few hours. It was awesome to not worry about anything I must say.
Chris went to the school to take some first snow pictures

I did do something today though, cleaned house, did laundry and finished painting our livingroom. So it's finally done and I love it. We painted it a grayish blue w/ white trim. (Chris sees a hint of purple, but I think my eyes are funky and miss it). It's a huge step up from the "boat" look of being surrounded by dark wood walls, plus our Christmas tree doesn't look like it's in the forrest either! Pictures to come.

One more week of school and one week of finals and we are all done! I'm so excited for Christmas and I've been having contractions all day...which have only been practice, but it makes me feel like baby girl is closer. Chris gets super excited everytime I tell him I'm having one, it's pretty cute I can't wait to see him and baby girl together.

I hope everyone else had a great Saturday too!

4 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

I have a story to tell you: Chris and his brothers were all there for Kennedy's birth, and while I don't remember much of their reactions to her birth (yeah, I was pretty out of it), I definitely remember Chris at her blessing. After church we went back to our apt. for lunch and I fed Kennedy and put her in her crib in our room and shut the door. Not 2 minutes later, Chris sneaks in there, picks her up from the crib and cuddled her on our bed. I was torn between worrying about him smothering her in her sleep and getting my camera, I got the camera. I'll have to show you the picture someday when I find it. I asked Paula if I should move her, and she said "No, Chris is bonding with her. He loves babies."
Yeah, I have a feeling he's not going to share his so easily. You got a good egg there.

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

haha, I can totally see him doing that. It is so cute how much he loved babies, and I agree, I'm pretty sure he won't be as willing to share his with anyone:)

paula said...

OH boo hoo..That just brought tears to my eyes. Remembering back to that moment with Chris and Kennedy...

Kristen and Bill said...

Kenni, I'm so happy that you're getting so close! It snowed a little here but nothing stuck! I'm jealous you guys go more! p.s. thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm glad you read it...I don't think many people do, but I really don't know because they don't always comment :)