Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dot

August 2009 we had our first fun experience discovering what Zuri bug would be, and today we got our second fun experience! I love ultrasounds. Zuri was awesome for us. A little wiggly at first once she realized there was something going on with my stomach she got nervous and started freaking out. She was fine once she could sit right next to me and laugh at the exposure of my belly button instead of hers.

Our scanner is on the fritz so these are taken through the handy phone. They work though!




Apparently the Chinese gender calendar is much more truthful in its ways than the cake. We are having...




a little niña!

She was in one tight little ball for the first little while. It took me rolling on both sides to get her to show us anything. I don't blame her, that's a bit invasive I suppose. I normally wouldn't post the image above, but we thought it was funny how you could see her shinny little bun cheeks. Ultrasounds are insane with how well bones and organs can be seen. It was fun to watch it all.

She's a perfect size and all ship shape health wise which is excellent news. I was a bit worried just because I haven't been as cautious about chemicals and foods with this girl as I was with Zuri.

We are thinking of the name Dorothy. We'd call her Dot. After my great grandma. She sounded like a pretty fun lady. We need to name our next kids from Chris' side of the fam so it evens out the scores! (Zuri's middle name, Rose, was from four generations of ladies on my side. nice)

Thumbs up. She's got a nice sense of humor I think.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome!! little DOT

Steven and Yoo said...

Nice. I love ultra sound too. I remember I was so excited every time I did ultra sound to see Deanna. I can't wait till meet Dot !

Mindy said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! And I love Dot, it's on our list too :)