Saturday, May 21, 2011

Progress and Kid Books

Today was a busy Saturday. Which is good. We need busy Saturdays since we have such busy weekdays with school we have to make up for the lost time.

Here's what we did:

I got a hair cut. (I'll miss Robin miserably. I hate finding new hair stylists...I trust no one with my short locks)

We all got a nap in. yep, a busy Saturday and still squeezed in a two hour nap. It was glorious. Especially because my second trimester has been more of what a first should be like. It's like my body decided to switch it up a bit this time around.

Chris went crazy on the back yard and cleaned it up a TON. The back yard was a complete mad house jungle when we first moved in and each year Chris makes it less so. It's getting close to become a real yard, but with limited time and funds it would be any perfectionists dream. Which I'm sure our neighbors would like cause their yards are immaculate :) It still looks a million time better then before though. And I'm sure Chris now has a bunch of ticks wiggling all over him. yuck.

I packed up and sorted through all of our clothes. I'm pleased to say we took a whole car full of stuff to Good Will. I don't have a terrible time parting with clothes, but they do need a good sort through now and then. It was good to have a little cleansing. I didn't realize how little clothes Zuri really needs. I just love little girl clothes though. They are my favorite things to buy. For sure.

We have breakfast for dinner. One of my faves. French toast, sausages, and strawberries. Zuri has never had french toast and she loved it. She even ate a bunch of sausage too. I was surprised to see her snarf it all down so joyfully. Well...not too surprised I guess she's a good little eater.

A quick Wal-Mart run and then Zur went down for bed. I suppose it doesn't sound like a ton of stuff got done, but I think it was a good progress with getting ready to move.

And of course a little Zuri chatter for myself:

She is kind of the greatest munchkin in my little life. She's been so happy and enjoying everyday so much. She is starting to do little crazy dances and shakes her head back and forth like crazy for a bit just to be funny and entertain us all. It totally works.

She found a little bug crawling on the floor the other day and seriously just sat and played with it for a good 20 minutes. She'd set it on her arm and watch it crawl around a bit and when it would fall off she'd repeatedly say, "where'd it go?" until she could find it again. It was the funnest thing to watch. And yes, I let my kid play with bugs apparently.

My recent favorite has been her saying "cute!" when I put shoes or clothes on her. I say it to her all the time to make it so she likes getting dressed in day clothes or pj's instead of fighting them. Guess that worked out well. I get a kick out of her daily excitement.

She's also starting to bite her nails.... Not just finger nails, but toes nails too. (watching her wiggle her toes into her mouth is stinking funny though) WHAT?! She's only 16 months! I used to have a terrible habit of biting my finger nails. Tell they bled sometimes. not so good. I mostly broke the habit in high school, but every now and then I'll bite them if I'm nervous or bored. She must have noticed and picked it up. Bad example mama.. Any suggestions on how to break her of it? I have no clue.

She's one fun kid though. She and I went to lunch together today and she just hung out eating some waffle fries and alternated sips of root beer and a mango smoothie. A nice little memory of Zuri bug.

That is my ramble on for the day.. I love the Zur and my hub and my dog. They're a good little trio for me.

3 comments:

Rich Vial said...

Love the ramble. Even though no pix, I really can see Zuri with her toes in her mouth!

Holli said...

I seriously love your Zuri stories! And I'll totally let my kids play with bugs too. Its good for them:)

Unknown said...

This is such a cute post. I can totally pictures Zurbert the whole time you talk about it. She is such a happy kid! I would have loved to see her play with that bug. Glad you got so much done! Huzza for you!