Sunday, May 29, 2011

one week

Photo by Brinn Willis


I am coming to my final week here in Buena Vista. Which means it's beginning to set in that I'm really leaving my home of four years. Four years isn't really too long, but it's the longest I've lived in one place since I was 16. And in these four years a whole lot of life changing has happened. I moved across the country from my family, (save Cami) met my husband, got a dog, improved a home, had a baby, and graduated college. Pregnant. In my short 23 years that feels like a lot to accomplish. And I am proud of Chris and I. I feel like we've done a lot together already.

Cami threw us a little going away party Saturday. We had some close friends come hang out with us and it was nice to have people say they would miss us. And yes, we will miss you too. I don't make friends easily...close friends, but I have made some very good friends here and It will be sad to leave them. Which is why I haven't mentioned it before, I don't like good-bye's and I don't like saying "I'll see you again soon." Cause really, who knows when I'll see these good people again. I'm sure I will one day, but it makes me sad to think I have to start over in that department and I don't like to bring the good-bye stuff up. So this is the only time you'll hear it. Not cause I could care less about leaving BV, but cause I just don't enjoy that part of it. I don't handle sad well.

I've been thinking of what I will and won't miss about BV just so I can remember the better of it all and here's what I've gotten so far:

I'll keep the dislikes short just so it doesn't seem like I'm a total ninny. I seriously won't miss:
.The giant bugs, mosquitos and gnats.
.The summer heat and humidity. It kills me.
.The long distance to get to any civilization. (by civilization I mean Target)
.Driving an hour to get to my Dr.

The better part of BV I will miss:

.The fall.
.Big snow storms.
.Thunder storms.
.The purple and yellow blossoms in Spring.
.Fire flies.
.The family and singles wards.
.The total lack of traffic.
.My professors.
.The small business owners.
.The SVU intimacy of knowing everyones business and them knowing mine.
.Our neighbors. They are awesome.
.Our couple buddies and their babies.
.Cami and her fam. Caleb's girly sounding good-bye's and Josh's 'peace out' everyday.
.I'm sad mine and Cami's latest beans won't get to know each other the way Zur and Caleb got to.
.Kroger's chocolate milk.
.Seeing Chanz grow up at college.
.Our house....man I'll miss it.
.My hair stylist, Robin, she's a miracle woman.
.And our family photographer, Brinn. I've never had such awesome photos of us all.

That's all I can think of at the current moment...But I'm sure there is more.

Farewell in a week BV.

5 comments:

Shafers in Virginia said...

I and the rest of BV will certainly miss you Kenni, Chris and Zuri!! You are awesome! And I cannot wait to read more about your fun life in Oregon! And to see pictures of Dot!!!
(And the word verification on this comment for me is commie. What are the odds?!)

Holli said...

Oh man, its funny how you can grow to love that strange little town. I went through similar stuff, but didn't have the time to think about it or dwell on goodbyes. The great thing about the internet is that it is so much easier to keep in touch. So even though its not the same as being close and hanging out, you can still keep in touch with minimal effort. Good luck with the next stage of life- I'm excited to hear about where life takes you guys!

Unknown said...

:( Yeah, we will miss you...that is all I can say.

FW & Brinn Willis said...

Don't do it... seriously... who will take picture of your cute family? I can't handle you replacing me with another photographer! Who will be my funky short haired second shooter? We were such a good duo! Who will go to The Cheesecake Factory with me and order a heaping plate of chicken and biscuits? And who will I text when I figure out the calorie count of said plate?
This is very, very, bad.

Caitlin said...

Krogers=Fred Meyers, there are plenty. Hopefully it tastes the same! I hate milk so i couldn't tell ya :)