Wednesday, May 18, 2011

UVA and an assortment of ramblings

I know in my last post I said little Dot was all healthy and ship shape. Well the midwife called the next day and said her kidneys were a bit too big and if we wanted we could get a better ultrasound up at UVA to get a better look. I'm pretty sure they have to say that so they don't get sued.

What is the problem with dilated kidneys? According to the nurse today she said it's one of the better things that could go wrong. (I still don't feel like anything is really 'wrong') It is either a sign of down syndrome or a blockage in the urine track.

After todays very detailed ultrasound (we have a billion great pictures of the little dot now) down syndrome is pretty much ruled out. They said the kidneys are still dilated, but 80 % of the time whatever the problem is resolves itself by birth. Just in case, we'll have another ultrasound in the 30 week area and if they are still too big then she'll get an ultrasound of her own after she's born to see if she'll need minor surgery or not.

It's just good to know so if she does show signs of fever or whatnot after she's born then we'll know most likely what the problem is. Resulting in no kidney failure....cause that really would be bad.

So that was our Wednesday. Zuri hung out at Aunt Cami's as usual and it was weird how much I missed her on our day trip up to Charlottesville. But we did have a quick lunch at a delicious Vietnamese restaurant, Lemongrass. That was nice. I just love Vietnamese food no matter what. It's awesome and I crave it all the time I swear.

Zuri is starting to notice my belly getting all big now. We ask her to find the baby and she'll poke my belly button then proceed to laugh like crazy. I think she may have some words confused:) I think she'll be a great big sister. Minus some eye poking that she seems to do with other babies... She puts her stuffed animals to bed with blankets and tries to put diapers on them. She's got a good maternal instinct already. What an awesome kid. I just love how fun she is.




Maymester is cruising along ! 11 days of classes left. Wow. Thank heavens for Chris or I'd die in Spanish 4. He's my human dictionary. I really do appreciate Cami for watching Zuri EVERYDAY from 10 to 3 and Lauren for helping on the days when Cami's got her dr. appointments for her recent babe. Where would I be without all this service? Oh, right without a degree. What will I do with this degree? psh, who knows. (the goal currently is to keep printing and try to get into some galleries later on)

The MOVE. Is in just a few weeks. I started packing up last week. We have both our parents coming to visit/ help us at the end of the month. Thank heavens for them too. we seriously have some incredible families. Score for us!


No comments: